Thursday, February 11, 2010

In the Morning I Will Seek You...

Early I will seek you...from the dawn hours I will get closer to You...my soul is thirsty and longing for You...to see Your glory...and Your power!

Over the past several weeks, I have practiced and sung the song "Temprano Yo Te Buscare" by Marcos Witt repeatedly. (The first few lines translated above.) How many times in my life has God shown me His power! I cannot even count the many moments where indecision and doubt plagued me as I sought my own way rather than His; yet, He has continued to show His faithfulness when my own has wavered. As recently as two weeks ago I wondered how God would provide for a need we had--or worried, perhaps is a better word. Seemingly out of the blue, a sister at church approached my husband after the morning service and handed him an envelope saying, "I have had this for weeks. This is something I need to give to you because God has impressed it upon me to do so." When my husband opened the envelope later in our kitchen over some coffee and bread, the tears began as I realized my sinfulness. The gift she gave to us was exactly what we needed. Oh, why did I worry?

I do not ever want my thirst to be satiated by anything other than the Living Water offered so freely by Christ! Nor do I wish to lose the longing that I have to see His glory...to see His power. I have come to realize that He shows His power in such amazingly simple ways at times. Today the cold rain reminded me of how fortunate I am to have a washer and dryer! And, then, at other times He leaves me silent in awe of His tremendous unsurpassed power. I have a daughter! Every day as I watch her play and grow I am reminded that medically the odds were against me--but God displayed His power.

The song ends saying, "You have sustained me by Your right hand." Praise Him for that truth! Where will He lead me from here? I don't know. Right now we're not where I thought we would be as a family. In fact, I had it it all planned out in my mind. "We're missionaries...my husband isn't called to be a Pastor!" Yet, God's right hand is sustaining us in this new task He has given us, as He always has and always will. His glory...His power...that's all I wish to see. My dear friend saw her sister-in-law go home to the Lord this week. Our time here in this world is temporal. Early I will seek Him...in the dawn hours I will get closer to Him. I don't want to miss out on a single ounce of His glory and power; I want only Him.

No comments: