Saturday, August 05, 2006

Football Season is Coming!


August has arrived! For many people that means going to the beach to sneak in those last rays before the kids go off to school. For others it means preparing the classroom to welcome those same kids. For even others, it means trying to find a cool room in the midst of a heat wave while wishing that the summer could go on for a few more months.

For me it means one thing. (Ok, two--since Angel's birthday is August 1!) After the first, however, August means one thing to me...FOOTBALL IS COMING!

Friday, August 4, marked the first practice day for the Hokies. Opening day is September 2, 2006 against Northeastern. I don't have ESPN this year, so I'm not quite sure how I'll enjoy this season's games. (The internet always works!) Yes, I am one whose blood runs orange and marroon.

So..with a Hokie, Hokie, Hokie, Hi! I bid you a farewell for today. GO HOKIES!


No comments: